1. The Great Story is the story of the changing story. Whenever a new discovery is made in the sciences, this creation story changes. Change is to be welcomed — not feared.
2. The Great Story is a creation story that is not yet over. Evolutionary change at all levels (cosmos, planetary, life, culture) will continue into the future, and we humans bear a responsibility for how the story will continue on Earth.
3. The Great Story is a new creation story shaped with a planetary perspective to which all cultures contribute. Because the scientific enterprise is now global in scope, this story necessarily has its origins and ongoing influences centered at the scale of the whole Earth — influenced by peoples of all ethnicities, all religious traditions, and hailing from all bioregions. (This is the unity character.)
4. The Great Story is radically open to multiple interpretations. Because the empirical and theoretical sciences search entirely for material explanations of the world, whenever one ventures into the realm of meaning or into the realm of spirit, the interpretations necessarily go beyond the science. And yet, make meaning we must! Humans are intrinsically meaning-makers, whether we construe that meaning to be innate in the cosmos or created by the human mind. (This is the diversity character.)
5. The Great Story manifests synergistic coherence between science, religion, and the needs of today’s world. Because the creation stories of classical religions and primary peoples were birthed well prior to the discoveries of an evolutionary universe, these stories can at best be reconciled with scientific awareness. In contrast, The Great Story grounds its celebratory creation story on the contributions of the scientific endeavor, and the interpretations are nuanced to be empowering for today’s concerns.
Fatal error: Uncaught Error:  operator not supported for strings in /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-content/themes/layerswp/core/helpers/post.php:62 Stack trace: #0 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-content/themes/layerswp/partials/content-single.php(81): layers_post_meta(753) #1 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-includes/template.php(724): require('/nfs/c01/h04/mn...') #2 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-includes/template.php(671): load_template('/nfs/c01/h04/mn...', false) #3 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-includes/general-template.php(168): locate_template(Array, true, false) #4 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-content/themes/layerswp/single.php(20): get_template_part('partials/conten...', 'single') #5 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-includes/template-loader.php(78): include('/nfs/c01/h04/mn...') #6 /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/ht in /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/38352/domains/digitalbone.co.za/html/wp-content/themes/layerswp/core/helpers/post.php on line 62